We printed a batch each of “Sun, Moon, Rain and Wind’ and ‘”M”e Maneo’s Pumpkin.
We tried to spread them as far and wide as we could … so
- Biblionef (biblionefsa.org.za) bought some little books at cost price and will be donating them to schools, libraries and other interested parties across Lesotho through their networking
- Some found their way into a bookshop in Maseru where the owner, Wanda will help us to sell some for funds for printing.
These little books stayed at home …
- Some went into our library where the children lapped them up. To such an extent that we had to put MORE into our library.
- Some went to the Reception and Grades 1 and 2 teachers’ classrooms who came to our teacher’s workshop (read about this in the NEWS tab). These means that the children from 7 Primary school Reception, Grade 1 and 2 classes in and around our valley will be reading them, and their teachers using them to promote literacy skills in their classrooms.
- Some went into Pieter’s, our local missionary’s, library where children who can’t get to our library will find them. The important thing about this, is that many more boy children go to Pieter than to Paleng, because he has really cool boy things (being a father of two boys). So maybe, just maybe, some of these boys will be enticed into taking one of our little books home.
- Two little books found their way into the library of the pottery project run by Patrick Rorke in Morija.
These little books travelled far and wide …
- Some went to a Primary school down south in Lesotho, where an American academic is conducting her research on putting book boxes into primary school classrooms and seeing how the children and the teacher use them. We gave her one copy of each for each class.
- Some little books went to England to Rahula Trust and to the grade 5 class of Eaton Bray Academy, Eaton Bray.
- Some found their way to the great US of A in the backpacks of Angela and Jennifer of www.buildingaglobalcommunity.org/ … and into the hands of Nyana and Chandwen, whose mother and father, Fred and Amy, are helping us to raise money to print two more different little books.
- Two little books went off up north with Sibonkile who is starting a little library in Leribe.
And who knows where the next batch will go …